DAY 1- COMMANDING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER TOPIC: ALWAYS BEGIN WITH GOD
TOPIC: ALWAYS BEGIN WITH GOD
READ: I SAMUEL 16:1-13
‘’For to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.’’ (Romans 8:6)
Often times, we are guilty of leaving God out of our decision-making. Most times, we make and take decisions based on our canal assessment of the situation and then ask God to agree with it. Most times when we are faced with a choice, what may seem obvious to us and those around us, as the right choice, may not necessarily be the right choice. We need to ask the Lord to help us this new month in making the right decisions.
We make a decision based on knowledge. Unfortunately, we do not know as God knows, for we do not see as God sees (Isaiah 55:8, 9). Since our decisions are based on our inaccurate knowledge and wrong feelings and desires, they will tend to be wrong most of the time.
In our text, when Samuel saw Eliab, Jesse’s eldest son, Samuel was sure he had his man. But see how wrong he was, because of the source of his judgment – external appearance.
God knew and chose the least in that family, David, a man whose heart was after God. God looks at the heart in judging us. Thus, including God in decision-making is a vital principle we must adopt as Christians.
Beloved, if you want to constantly walk in victory and assurance of purpose, you have to always begin with God in your decision-making.
• Do you want to be a man of the spirit? If yes, then ask the Holy Spirit to help you yield to His counsels.
• Pray for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.
• Tell God to overshadow you and your household with His divine shadow throughout this month, in Jesus name.
• I break the circle of failure in my marriage, career, business, and finances, in Jesus name.
• Pray for the president of your country that he will seek God for counsel and that he will have the boldness to follow same, in Jesus name.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION FOR TODAY
“And I will make thee exceeding fruitful” Genesis 17:6a “November is your Month of Fruitfulness! This month You shall move from profitless hard labor to a new season of Ceaseless favor! The living God shall convert your mockery to miracles and your insults to results! Right now, your dry season has stopped and I command your time of refreshing and Supernatural harvest to appear, in Jesus name! Shalom!